Eel & elver monitoring
On 15th January 2010, the Eels (England and Wales) Regulations 2009 came into force. These regulations afford new powers to the Environment Agency to implement measures for the recovery of European eel stocks and have important implications for operators of abstractions and discharges. We have a wide range of experience with clients from many different sectors. We can therefore:
- Assess the applicability of the regulations to your site
- Carry out long- and short-term entrainment/impingement investigations, and on- or off-site monitoring
- Conduct surveys to determine presence/absence and life stages of eels
- Assess your current screening
- Negotiate a course of action with the Environment Agency on your behalf.